Comprehensive In-Home Energy Audits
Tech Home Electric is passionate about saving energy and we know you are too. A Comprehensive In-Home Energy Audit is the first step to energy conservation and savings and helping the environment.
Are you ready to make some small changes – and see some big savings? Getting started is easy!
America’s existing housing needs help. Many of the 130 million homes in this country were constructed before modern energy and building codes were established. These homes often suffer from performance problems ranging from inflated energy consumption to poor thermal comfort to indoor air quality issues.
Tech Home Electric is approved and trained through The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI), the nation's premier standards development and credentialing organization for residential energy efficiency retrofit work.
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
We can make it easy for you to save energy at home
Taking control of your energy use will save you money and make your home more comfortable year-round. Here’s a great way to do it – with support from the New York State Energy Research Development Authority (NYSERDA)
Visit www.nyserda.ny.gov/home-performance to fill out a simple application. Once you click on the existing link, then click “How to participate” then click “application”
Get assessed. Have a free (or reduced cost) comprehensive home energy assessment.
Call us today to schedule. We will perform important health & safety tests to ensure major combustion appliances (furnace, boiler, water heater, stove) are operating properly.
- Building Inspection An interior & exterior visual inspection of your home to document structural concerns and conditions
- Insulation and Windows Attic wall, crawl space, basement, pipe, and duct insulation levels will be evaluated
- Heating & Domestic Hot Water Systems Heating systems and water heaters will be check for proper venting and operating condition
- Health & Safety Inspections Carbon Monoxide testing will be performed on all combustion appliances in the home
- Building Air Leakage Test A blow door test, which pinpoints critical drafts and air leaks
- Appliance & Lighting Assessment Major appliances and lighting fixtures will be evaluated to determine if newer, energy-efficient models are beneficial and cost-effective.
- Evaluation & Recommendations Report A detailed report will be provided to you tht will list the results of the inspection and information on having the recommended improvements installed in your home.
We will review the results of the comprehensive home energy assessment with you, then work with you to select cost-effective energy upgrades that match your budget and goal
For those wanting to take advantage of low interest financing, HPwES offers two options through Green Jobs – Green NY. Both loan options offer up to $13,000 per household, up to $25,000 if the prject meets higher cost-effectiveness standards, and repayment periods of 5, 10, or 15 years.
Income-qualified homeowners are eligible for additional incentives to make energy improvements.
Receive loan status notification and return the signed loan documents
Tech Home Electric and other authorized contractors will implement the upgrades
When your energy upgrades are finished, your contractor will repeat the tests conducted during the initial assessment. Upon test-out and acceptance of work you and Tech Home will sign a Certificate of Completion, which is submitted to NYSERDA.
It’s simple. Just contact us for details.
YOUR HOME’S ENERGY SAVINGS, PUT TO BETTER USE.
Save hundreds or more every year, for what matters to you.
Serving New York’s Capital Region & Beyond - Licensed & Insured
Members: Schoharie County Chamber of Commerce & Schenectady Chamber of Commerce
Licensed & Insured Electrical Services for Upstate NY & the Capital Region